Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: rog no like vista

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cut my teeth on windows me...and I had no problems with it...however I couldn't get virus protection anymore for it so I switched to XP..got used to it..now its vistaargh

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They keep things out long enough for people to get used to it and then re-write everything so you pretty much have to get the newest version of the operating system which sucks because a lot of the older programs that we all love and use regularly don't work with the newest operating system. At least not until they go through and work a TON of bugs out of it. And by that time you are so frustrated with the damn thing you wanna throw it out the window or take a 12 gauge to the damn thing.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you are so frustrated with the damn thing you wanna throw it out the window or take a 12 gauge to the damn thing
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm getting pretty close to doing the above. the only thing that I like about it is I can copy Disc (Cd+R or DVD+R) about twice as fast as this unit. It has gotten so bad that I hardly ever turn it on anymore. [img]mad.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You could try to have them take Vista off and install Windows XP on it BUT you may lose a lot of the functions. I had the same problem with this one when I upgraded from Windows ME to XP. I had to reinstall a LOT of the drivers and stuff for the DVD player on it to work and stuff.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The main problems I am having is alot of files I D/L the Vista can't read or think they are corrupted, but I can D/L them on my XP pro and they work just fine. Also my main Video editing tool will load, but not function on Vista.
    It is irratating as hell

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner BlackMagicRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2,930
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm....it may be the format the files are in.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vista was released too soon...it has codec errors..script problems..and alot of things that would barely pass as beta programming... security weaknesses are more than present and media player doesnt run like it should...(pipeline error most common) most old software isnt compatible...and in many applications, especially games, the "new and improved" Vista actually runs SLOWER..

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone else told me that Vista has problems reading some of the older codec?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use my computers to record/edit/play video and I have to costantly do disc cleanups because on the Vista it loads to temp files or something and causes my movies to flicker or freeze [img]mad.gif[/img]

    userfriendlyvistasucks

  10. #20
    Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    typical windows product...never runs right on first release...always takes at least a year or so and a service pack update before it functions close to what was promised...oh well..i guess nerd boy frog fucker made an extra billion either way...what are the odds he cares if it works or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •